I am all about saving money and reducing waste. These homemade cleaning wipes have really cut down on our paper towel usage and are easy to make.
(My posts may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something from one of our links we may earn a small commission, doesn’t cost you any more but helps us to bring you more great tips, recipes, and home decor ideas.)
You can use washcloths, dish rags, old cut up t-shirts / sheets or other soft material. For the kitchen I purchased washcloths similar to these ones: Washcloths. These can be found on Amazon or you can also check out Walmart for some affordable dish rags.
After each use, run these through the wash, and repeat!!
What else to do you need?
Just some White Vinegar, Water and your choice of essential oils.
About Lemon Essential Oil’s Cleaning Properties:
Did you know that Lemon Essential Oil doesn’t just smell clean, it actually helps to disinfect counters with it’s disinfectant and anti-fungal properties. The scent of the oil is refreshing, energizing and up lifting. It helps to bring a sense of calm to a room.
Let me know what you think of these homemade cleaning wipes!
Homemade Cleaning Wipes
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8-12 washcloths / rags
- 1 large pickle jar / mason jar
Prepare cleaning solution
- Combine water and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add Essential oils to the water / vinegar mixture
- Stuff 8-12 washcloths into your jar
- Pour cleaning mixture into jar over the cloths
- Push the cloths down to release the mixture from the top ones so the liquid makes it way to the bottom. Put lid on Jar.
- Depending on the size of your jar, the amount of cloths used, and the time of year, you may need more or less cleaning solution.
How to use:
- Use this wipes like you would store bought wipes to clean counters, dust, wipe down appliance, clean bathrooms.
- Step by Step WordPress Setup -From Domain Names to Your First Post
- 24 Must Have Etsy Selling Tools
- Increase Traffic with Pinterest and Tailwind
- How to Save Money on Home Decor
- Mockups Can Increase Sales & Save Time