This is one of my easiest meals to prepare. This crockpot recipe for chuck roast barely takes 5 minutes to put together. However, that does not include the 6-8 hour cooking time where I can sit down and watch chick flicks for the rest of the day. Yeah, like that ever happens.
The day before, remove your chuck roast from the freezer….. or if you forgot to do that, despite the fact it was posted on your new meal planner on the refrigerator, then pop frozen chuck roast in the microwave and defrost.
Find a can of Cream of Mushroom soup.
Unpack defrosted chuck roast
Place chuck roast in your crockpot.
Some people may say you need to sear the roast first in order to lock in the juices. That may be true. I have tried it both ways, but that is not how I roll when I am feeling lazy.
Open can of soup and smear all over your roast.
Add about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the pot and turn on your crock pot to low.
Let the crockpot do the cooking for your for the next 6-7 hours. Sit down with some bonbons and a couple of good movies. You will know it is done when your family starts complaining that they are hungry and the roast pulls apart easily with a fork.
We like to eat our roast with my homemade BBQ sauce on homemade Torta Rolls. Recipes to follow soon. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
5 Minute Chuck Roast
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 chuck roast
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Combine both in crockpot. Turn crockpot on to low.
- Cook 6-8 hours until roast is tender and falls apart.
- Remove from crockpot and serve.
- Step by Step WordPress Setup -From Domain Names to Your First Post
- 24 Must Have Etsy Selling Tools
- Increase Traffic with Pinterest and Tailwind
- How to Save Money on Home Decor
- Mockups Can Increase Sales & Save Time