Hearty comfort meal for any time of the year.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves fresh garlic ( Or 1 tbsp garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz can drained rinsed kidney beans
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot for two minutes. If using fresh garlic, add it and the onion to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 6-7 minutes, until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder(if using instead of fresh), salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional). Stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Add the broth, drained & rinsed Kidney beans, diced tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the contents to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Add Sour cream and shredded cheese to each bowl.
Please follow and like us: