This morning I ran out of Granola so I thought I would share an easy homemade granola recipe. This crunchy granola makes a great snack on its own but we like to sprinkle the granola on top of a yogurt parfait or ice cream.
Super Easy Homemade Granola Topping
The perfect crunchy addition to yogurt, ice cream or fresh berries.
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cup oats
- 2-3 tbsp ground flax seed (meal)
- Combine vegetable oil, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Heat on medium low stir constantly until ingredients are well combined. You will know when it is done when the oil mixes in with the rest of the sauce.
- In a separate bowl add old fashioned oats and flaxseed meal.
- Add brown sugar, honey mix into the oats and flax seed bowl and mix until well combined. I find that using a wooden spoon is the the best way to combine all the ingredients.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir the granola every 5 minutes or so. Do not walk away from the kitchen during this step the granola will go from perfectly browned to burnt in a matter of minutes.
- Once the granola turns golden brown remove from oven. Stir the granola on the pan every 5-10 minutes as it cools to make sure it does’t stick to the pan.
- Place cooled Granola in a Mason Jar or other container. The granola will stay crunchy for up to a week. It never lasts that long in our house to find out if it will last longer 🙂