We just LOVE Phad Thai. This versatile recipe is very easy to prepare. You can add chicken, shrimp or tofu to this recipe for some some extra protein.
(My posts may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something from one of our links we may earn a small commission, doesn’t cost you any more but helps us to bring you more great recipes and ideas.)
When preparing the dish, I start with these flat rice noodles, and cook them to package directions. Rinsing the noodles after you cook them helps to remove some of the extra starch. If you miss this step, your noodles may end up more gummy / starchy.
After you rinse the noodles, put them in a large wok or pan that has been pre heated with cooking oil.
Add your sauce. You can also throw in some precooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu at this point if you choose to .
Stir to combine and cook an additional 5 min until peanut butter completely melts and the dish is warm throughout.
TIP: I like to use crunchy peanut butter. It helps to add a little extra crunch to the noodles.
This Pad Thai recipe is simple to make and tastes amazing.
- 8 oz flat rice noodles
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add noodles & sauce to the pan. Toss everything to combine. Cook for 5 min.
- Top with green onions & chopped peanuts. Serve immediately & enjoy!