I love keeping broths on hand in the fridge, canned and in the freezer.
- 10 cup water
- 1 onion finely chopped (with skin)
- 5 medium size carrots cut into 1-2in pieces (with skin)
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-2 inch pieces (with leaves)
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half (or roma tomatoes chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (with skin)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours, the longer the better.
- Remove from heat. Let cool a bit then pour in strainer over large bowl to remove veggies.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or cool completely then pour into freezer safe containers and freeze for up to 6 months.
Please follow and like us: