Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a bread bag at the grocery store? The ingredient lists are sOOOOO long with lots of words I cannot even guess how to pronounce them. That is why I started to make my easy bread machine french bread.
About 15 plus years ago I decided I wanted to control what my family was actually putting into their bodies. I talked with my husband about purchasing a bread machine. Bread makers seem to be one of the most under-appreciated appliances on the market. Most people will buy one, then let it sit in the bottom of their pantry to collect dust, then eventually give it to someone else who will end up doing the same.
(My posts may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something from one of our links we may earn a small commission, doesn’t cost you any more but helps us to bring you more great tips, recipes, and home decor ideas.)
So a few weeks after I brought this up to him, he surprised me with a Breadman bread machine for Christmas. I was sooo excited. (yeah I know, its a bread machine, but still) I used that bread machine for over 10 years. I made bread with it every 2-3 days during the school year for the kid’s lunches and fairly often throughout the summer as well. After 10 years it finally gave up on me. 😭
The Breadman II I had at that time had one paddle in the middle of the basket. It worked great. Since I knew I would get lots of use out the next one I purchased, I decided to get one with 2 paddles.
My West Bend bread maker has now been working hard for me over the last couple of years. This is one appliance I will always make room for on my counter. Last year my mom purchased a Zojirushi 2 paddle Bread Maker. A little Jealous of that one. It makes AMAZING bread! Did you know that some bread makers even make Jam? So easy and SUPER yummy.
I have been making homemade bread for my family now for years. My bread machine is going at least every 2-3 days. It is the easiest and quickest way to make a fresh, healthier loaf of bread. Only 6 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to put together.
Bread Machine French Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt ( I use Pink Himalayan Salt, but any table salt will work)
- 2 TBSP Sugar ( Again, I try to stay organic when I can so I use this: Kirkland Organic Sugar This is also available at Costco.
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil ( Or any Cooking Oil you have on hand)
- 4 Cups Flour ( I prefer unbleached flour – this kind works really well – King Arthur Flour 100% Organic All-Purpose Unbleached Flour )
- 2 1/2 tsp Active Yeast
See below for the recipe for my Easy Bread Machine French Bread Recipe. It only takes 5 minutes to gather ingredients and put them into the bread machine. 2.5-3.5 hours later, you have fresh homemade bread.
Easy Bread Machine French Bread
This is the recipe that I use almost daily to make fresh homemade bread. The kids love homemade bread and the smell as its baking is amazing.
- 1 1/3 cup warm water (not hot, more like luke warm)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Active yeast
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Add warm water to your bread machine pan/basket.
- Add salt, olive oil and sugar.
- Add flour
- Top off with active dry yeast.
- Place basket in breadmachine.
- Set machine to French bread ( if you have this setting) with a loaf size of 2lbs. Start machine. All machines process bread different. This process can take 2 hours up to almost 4 hours depending on your machine and it’s settings.
- Carefully remove basket from bread machine. It will be hot. Use a towel or oven mitts. Dump contents on to a clean dry towel. ENJOY!!!
- Step by Step WordPress Setup -From Domain Names to Your First Post
- 24 Must Have Etsy Selling Tools
- Increase Traffic with Pinterest and Tailwind
- How to Save Money on Home Decor
- Mockups Can Increase Sales & Save Time